Bridges Transformation Network Institute
- Mindfulness and Meditation for the Busy Early Childhood Professional. A regular meditation and mindfulness practice increases our mental clarity, nourishes our emotional stability, and opens us up to be in the flow of our personal life and professional career. Through the inner states of deep relaxation found in meditation, we attain greater effectiveness, happiness, resilience, and contentment. Learn tips on how to set up your own tailor-made meditation practice that works for you. Includes tips on creating your own mindfulness meditation space at home. Participants will be guided through several brief mindfulness and meditation experiences. Relaxation guaranteed!
- Building Resilience and Lowering Stress through Mindfulness and Relaxation Strategies. Explore tips and effective strategies that help to buffer oneself against chronic stress and address acute, in-the-moment stress. Participants will use the Bridges Resiliency Self--Survey to examine a variety of self-care strategies and create their own Self-Care Action Plan.
- Mindful Moments with Young Children: Useful Strategies for Teachers and Parents that Support Calm and Focus for Young Children. This session covers a variety of approaches including setting up a calming environment and offering relaxing body movment activities. Learn about soothing breath-play activities and guided visualizations. This training also covers ideas for how to create a calm corner in their early childhood setting.
- Harmonizing Staff Teams Using Mindfulness, Reflection, and Self-Care. This session offers research behind the benefits of mindfulness meditation activities in groups. It includes guiding points on how to embed simple meditation, mindfulness, and reflective practices into the workplace environment to create a culture of respect, authenticity, equity, and connectedness. Includes ideas about how to create a calming restorative retreat space for teachers and caregivers.
- Introduction to Understanding Trauma in Young Children. This 2-part series includes a review of the impacts of stress on the brain and identifies characteristics and signs of stress and trauma typically seen in young children. Introduces trauma-Informed care principles and approaches designed to support calm and promote emotion regulation for young children.
- Workshops are 1.5 hours and includes a handout. When offered as a seminar, it is a 3-hour session and can include a workbook and certificate. Sessions are designed to be presented separately or can be grouped together as a series. Additional facilitated reflection sessions can be added upon request.
- The Relaxation Room Experience (in-person events only):The Relaxation Room offers a whole-room retreat environment that can be used for conferences or other events such as a staff wellness day that aims to inspire relaxation for participants. See the padlet link for more information: https://padlet.com/lauradawnbridges/7p5ttlszpyvbwyte